9/01/2014

Sunny Day shorts

When Oliver & S came out with their sunny day shorts pattern I was very excited and thought they would make the perfect summer shorts especially since they are FREE!

 So I grabbed some flannel and made a draft for Broc. The pattern is very easy and looks like a great base pattern, I was glad however that I made a draft first. The finished waist of these shorts in size 10 are 29" and the size 8 is 27 1/2", Broc's waist is 23" and they would have been waaaayyy to baggy had I just put the elastic in at his measurements. Also the finished length (waist to hem) on size 10 and 8 are 11 1/2" and 12" most of Broc's shorts are much longer than that so I added 3-4" in length as well.


 For the final shorts I made a size 5 in the waist but kept the crotch length for the 10 and added 3-4 inches in length as well and they turned out quite well! He loves to lounge around in them. I had plans to make more but in all honesty with Summer winding down and cool weather settling in I probably won't make any more this summer. I will be moving on to pants now!